Do you have Plantar Fasciitis? – Here are 6 Interesting Truths on Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar fasciitis occurs when the plantar fascia (which runs under the foot) becomes irritated.
- The pain can be felt in the heel, arch or bottom of the foot.
- Treatment may require more than just anti-inflammatory drugs and icing.
- It is easy to relieve heel pain symptoms by stretching, changing to good shoes, rest and ice. However, without addressing the initiating cause, the pain and symptoms often recur.
- It is better to treat earlier rather than later. The longer you put off treatment, the more irritated the fascia becomes and the longer it takes to resolve.
- There isn’t a single best treatment option for everybody. Successful treatment often requires a combination of therapies – what works for one person may not work for another. Each case needs to be individually assessed and discussed with a Podiatrist to determine the best course of action.